Re: [orca-list] What version of libwebkit-gtk need installing with Natty to possible proper use Yelp webkit based version?

Hey Attila.

I promise yesterday I will be trying Joanie suggested hints for webkit
GTK based yelp in my Natty testing system.

Thanks again!

Enabling caret navigation  solving cursor tracking problems with I
yesterday wrote (up and down arrow keys Orca not spokened actual lines).

Awesome, good to know.

A good news for accessible purpose distribution manufacturers, enable
caret navigation setting is stored, so possible enabling central way by
default with caret navigation for webkit based yelp

This is cool. The thing is, that I don't think distros will want to
enabled it for all users. So perhaps Vinux can do it by default, perhaps
distros with a custom accessible install (e.g. Ubuntu) should be given
this information. As for the rest, I suspect we as a community are going
to have to answer new user questions about this. Perhaps "Be sure to
press F7 the first time you use WebKitGtk-based Yelp" should be added to
the wiki somewhere.

I looked Yelp usage both factory Natty packaged gnome-orca 2.91.93
version, and actual git master version.

And I'm pretty sure you'll find no differences as I attempted to get all
changes in Orca in by 2.91.93.

First impressions is very good. When I open a new help topic with an
already opened topic, possible right reading the help topic if I using
structural navigation commands.

Woo hoo! To be honest, both Mario and I have been working extremely hard
to ensure that WebKitGtk + Orca would provide compelling access to Yelp
now, and are continuing to work hard to so that this compelling access
will be present for Web Content in general. It's nice to hear that our
efforts have succeeded.

Founded interesting issues:
1. When a help topics have a linked text, and if Orca begin spokening
link text, link rolename spokening is happening with middle the link
text spokening, not after the link text spokening.

Yeah, that is the thing I was referring to in my earlier message when I
said "When you test tomorrow, since you don't have quite all of the
latest WebKitGtk a11y fixes, you will notice things like links being
indicated in the wrong place." And as I also said "And once 1.4 comes
out and gets included in Natty, those oddities should go away."

2. If I hear right, webkit based Yelp version Orca not spokening short
desc field with a section title when jumping section titles with Tab and
Shift+Tab keys, gecko based oldest Yelp version Orca spokening section
title and section short description (desc field) when jumping section
links with Tab and Shift+Tab key combinations.

I spawned a new topic on the Orca list for this question. Basically I
did it on purpose for Yelp 3. But I can undo this change if everyone
wants. Which means we need to ask everyone. <smile>

Now, I doed a short test only for new webkit based Yelp version and Orca
usage. Joanie, I would like thank you your wonderful work to working
Webkit accessibility.

Thank Mario as well. None of this would be possible without him. I
honestly had the easier job. And thank you Attila for all of your
wonderful testing (and translating and detailed bug filing)!

Take care.
--joanie