Re: [orca-list] [ANNOUNCE] libao (new audio driver for speechd including working pulseaudio support).

I am using gentoo,  speech-dispatcher 0.6.7, with use flags of espeak
python -flite -nas -pulseaudio and am not experiencing the interrupt
problems mentioned.  Now when I upgraded this time the languages were
all messed up, I put raise capital pitch to 5 (was 0) and explicitly
told speechd.conf to use espeak as the default english voice and it
seems to be working now.  The whole thing is quite strange.  Maybe mine
works because I still have one of those old sblive cards -- would not
give that up for anything as the hdintel and other drivers don't seem to
do mixing at all -- I wish there were a solution for that as I have
other boxes where it would be nice.  Sorry to ramble on so, but I
thought it might help in your current implementations.

Halim Sahin <halim sahin t-online de> wrote:

Hello Luke,