Re: [orca-list] Capital, Capital, Capital

Dnia 2008-03-20, czw o godzinie 12:56 +0100, Peter VÃgner pisze:
[...]

a) provide mechanism allowing individual letter names for particular
language (for example 'Å' in Polish should be spelled 'Åucja')

b) for other letters send string like _("alpha")+" "+_("acute") for 'Ã'.

This phonetical spelling is now done all in Orca. So in order to have
polish accented letters spelled properly you should be using Orca
translated to polish.

I can write procedure for internationalized spelling, but I'm not python
programmer and I believe there is many people who can do it better :)

In fact I made some tests, my Orca spells properly all Polish accented
letters (and of course can spell any character defined in language.po
file). If you think it would be usable and nobody wants to do the dirty
job - I can try to finish it.

speech-dispatcher and Espeak developers will be perhaps able to workout
a way for this spelling so this will be all handled in synth-backend and
respective tools and engines rather than in the default.py script of Orca.

Dream... :)

Bohdan