Re: [orca-list] Capital, Capital, Capital

On 17 Mar, Peter Vágner <peter v datagate sk> wrote:

I think we need to be able to tell espeak not to say capital when
user wishes so.

If speech-dispatcher passes to eSpeak the text:
  <say-as interpret-as="tts:char">B</say-as>

or makes the equivalent call:
  espeak_Char('B');

The eSpeak will say the name of the character, which is "Capital B" (or
the equivalent in the current language).

If you want to prevent the "Capital", then simply convert the character
to lower case before passing it to eSpeak:
  letter = towlower(letter);