Re: [orca-list] Capital, Capital, Capital

Thanks Jonathan!

Do you know if there was a change in eSpeak to make it default to verbalized capitalizations? I might be tired and reading the messages on the orca-list incorrectly, but it appears as though we're getting reports from gnome-speech/espeak users that verbalized caps are happening.

Will

Jonathan Duddington wrote:
On 17 Mar, Peter Vágner <peter v datagate sk> wrote:

I think we need to be able to tell espeak not to say capital when
user wishes so.

If speech-dispatcher passes to eSpeak the text:
  <say-as interpret-as="tts:char">B</say-as>

or makes the equivalent call:
  espeak_Char('B');

The eSpeak will say the name of the character, which is "Capital B" (or
the equivalent in the current language).

If you want to prevent the "Capital", then simply convert the character
to lower case before passing it to eSpeak:
  letter = towlower(letter);