Re: [orca-list] Internet accessibility was: Re: form field structural

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 18:17 -0300, Marlon BrandÃo de Sousa wrote:
Hello,
I have to desagree a little. First leting one know that the page
contains frames is a good idea, as it will help one to understand how
the content is presented ... Sometimes one clicks in a link and the
content is presented in another frame, that is 150 or 200 lines below
the clicked link. Making a fast frame navegation, as for example a
list where you can select the wanted frame and jump to it quickly is a
good idea.

This is a good reason for being able to navigate by frames the same way
we now navigate by headings. However there are so few frames on a page
and they are named so inappropriately for navigation purposes that an
actual frames list would just be redundant if not entirely useless. How
about we have an f and shift-f navigation key to go to the next and
previous frame respectively? This would solve the frame navigation
problem without having a list of useless frame names like topleft, right
and bottom.

Also letting one knows howmany headings are in the page, or at least
letting them navegate by headings can help.

We already have heading navigation. If you are curious about how many
headings are on a page they can be counted. But for navigation purposes
the h and shift-h keys as well as the number and shift number keys work
very well for the most part. However, I would be in favour of a list of
headings that will place the cursor on the selected heading, since
headings are almost always named appropriately in relation to the
content below them.

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo
--
I've always found anomalies to be very relaxing. It's a curse.
--Jadzia Dax: Star Trek Deep Space Nine (The Assignment)