[orca-list] Internet accessibility was: Re: form field structural

navigation

Hi,
just a few remarks regarding this discussion:
1. If you encounter a "click here" link, under Jaws press Jawskey+insert+f1
read background info. I think we only should critisize what we've
understood!
2. Designing propper webpages is not a question of the screen reader. It is
a question of knowledge in writing propper HTML, PHP, Java script etc. The
virtual buffer was designed for web users not for web designers.
3. The concept of Open Source is to be always under development. The idea
is to continuously improve the software: Advantage or disadvantage? If you
decide it's an advantage, you can't always say "We are still under
development".
4. To surprise you: There's not really such a thing like a forms mode in
Jaws. It is only a technical term to describe a way of temporarily
suspending the virtual cursor instead of turning it off completely. Window
Eyes has no forms mode too in that sense, and there is even not a technical
term like this. The only webtool that has a real forms mode is Audiodata's
Webformator:
http://www.webformator.com/
5. What really meks me laugh is the fact that you admit again and again,
that the virtual buffer is a good solution in practice, and that you use it
when you have to do serious work. But you state again and again that Orca's
approach to accessibility is much much better. Why? The prove of the
pudding is the eating, and it seems that the JFW pudding tasts much better
<LOL>
Sorry for slidely going off topic, but I think this clarifications are
necessary.
Hermann