Re: [orca-list] Internet accessibility was: Re: form field structural

hello herman,
your views sound really sweet to here when I think from the point of
you of non-free software.
"open source is constently and only under development".   this is what
I always hear when non-free advocates start their arguement.
I never new that jaws or any other software is perfect at the first go.
I had the initial impression that non-free softwares also under go
constent development for what they call as better service.
any ways if that's the case then I am more than happy to use free
software all the more because then in the process of development I
will keep on getting better and better.
yes I used to use jaws which nither gave me freedom nor is scientific.
I did use powerless pointless for my presentations.  but I was in a
same situation where adam had no choice but the eve.
we all were struggling for our freedom with foss and accessibility and
now orca has the answer.
and by the way now I am using orca for my serious work except a couple
of things for which "right now " orca has no solution.
but I am sure what took jaws 10 years will take only a few more months
for orca to achieve and so we must rather encourage and salute those
developers who are swetting out to make orca a best accessibility
solution.
and yes I except the links list and frames list a good solution even
though they come  from a non free screen reader.
but vertual buffer only gives me data access to some extent and no
access to the visual layout of the page which is important both for
developers and surfers.
you are right that developing good web pages is the duty of the web
designers, but don't you feel that showing the web page as-is should
be the duty of the screen reader?
I can't figure out whether my idea has been perfectly implemented in
terms of html when I view my pages in a vertual buffer but ever since
I got orca running pritty well, I am much more comfortable using the
web and "seeing " (yes I mean that ) my own web pages.
I now get an actual view of the web and I will strongly encourage and
recommend non-vertual buffer web access and this development must go
on the current path.
this is mostly my thinking and partially out of experiences and
stories I hear from others.
again I am not saying all this to oppose jaws but to respect what is
right and that too when it comes to me with complete freedom (rather 4
freedoms).
wil, rich, mike, joney all you guys are doing a great job.
regards.
Krishnakant.