Re: Editing a file in CP866 encoding

Hi!

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 17:16 +0300, Michael Dukelsky wrote:

Thank you, I'll try to connect to the server via VNC.

OK, I was finally able to reproduce this in both gnome-terminal and
konsole. I was unable to do this before because of screen (you can't mix
multibyte and singlebyte consoles within one session, which is the fact
that I was not aware of).

However, I don't have local console access to CentOS machines as they
are thousands miles away, so I can't check my assumption that all this
is because of sshd.

However, I was also able to reproduce this on my Ubuntu machine by
ssh-ing into it from the local console. On the other hand, this does not
happen if I run mc from the local console directly.

So the issue is definitively not CentOS-specific. The only difference is
local console (doesn't happen) vs sshd (does happen).

Guys, do you have an idea of what's going on?

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev