Re: Editing a file in CP866 encoding

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 14:54 +0300, Michael Dukelsky wrote:

H-m-m. I did not find any possibility to set an encoding in either `man
5 sshd_config` or in `man 5 ssh_config`. But I disabled AcceptEnv in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config so that the client environment would not influence
on the server side. It did not help.

That's alright, I actually meant to have sshd started with
LANG=ru_RU.cp866, but since you have correct settings in i18n this is
already the case...

At my box everything is reproduced 100%. Is it enough for the developers
to read this thread or should I post in some other list?

Is it also happening on the local console?

They do read this mailing list, in fact Andrew is one of them.
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev