Re: Editing a file in CP866 encoding

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 14:54 +0300, Michael Dukelsky wrote:

H-m-m. I did not find any possibility to set an encoding in either `man
5 sshd_config` or in `man 5 ssh_config`. But I disabled AcceptEnv in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config so that the client environment would not influence
on the server side. It did not help.

That's alright, I actually meant to have sshd started with
LANG=ru_RU.cp866, but since you have correct settings in i18n this is
already the case...

At my box everything is reproduced 100%. Is it enough for the developers
to read this thread or should I post in some other list?

Is it also happening on the local console?

They do read this mailing list, in fact Andrew is one of them.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev