Re: Editing a file in CP866 encoding

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 16:23 +0300, Michael Dukelsky wrote:
Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
Is it also happening on the local console?

The machine is in fact a virtual machine in Citrix XenServer and I do
not know how to access local console there.

As far as I know, Xen has an internal VNC server which you can connect
to in order to access local console of the guest machine. I am not sure
whether this is the case with the Citrix version.

I can not reproduce your bug on my local Ubuntu machine. I am able to
view CP866 without translation both in the editor and the viewer. In
what concerns remote CentOS server, I am unable to get it to work at all
(given the following limitations: I can not restart sshd and I can not
set rubbish locale centrally, because the server is running software
that requires an UTF-8 locale).

Therefore I suspect that this is an issue with ssh/d unless you get the
same problem on your local console (otherwise it is a CentOS specific
issue).

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev