Re: OT: html vs. ascii (was: Re: GU4DEC - Let's start the discussion now.)

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 15:28, Kim Schulz wrote:

    Hi could you evolution guys please turn of the stupid html mail shit.
    and why are you keep sending images along with you messages....damn im
    glad that I dont have to use evolution anymore.

The image is my .sig, which I carefully trimmed to the minimum. It is a
bit over 600 bytes now, which is equivalent to about 8 lines of text.
Now it is over the 4-lines-ancient-etiquette, but we dont use 9600 baud
modems either. And I usually trim my quotes well in my replies, so some
people send a lot more "unneccessary" bytes than me.. :-)

I usually turn it off for mailing lists, since some list manager
software does not know how to handle html messages.

But sorry about that.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::