Re: GU4DEC - Let's start the discussion now.

ons 2002-04-10 klockan 13.41 skrev Glynn Foster:
> Hey there,
> A number of us were talking about GU4DEC and the realization that we
> really need to get discussing next years conference early. Jeff came up
> with the idea of forming a GUADEC committee *now* comprised of people
> both in the location that we eventually choose and other GNOMies that
> have had experience with organizing other conferences and others who
> just want to help out...
>
> So I guess it would be good to discuss the following -
> 	- Who wants to be on next years committee
> 	- Decided on next years location
> 	- Invite people from that location to be on the committee
> 	- Start organizing exact venues, travel costs, sponsorship etc..
> 	- All the other behind the scenes stuff that I have no clue
> 	  about
>
> Should we use this list as a committee list / general discussion or
> create a new one [1]

I think using this list is a good place, that way everyone already on
this list will be able to follow the discussions.

Thanks for starting this discussions right away.

And to agree with Antonio's response, I think we should consider either

1) Switch between US and Europe every other year
2) Have two conferences (which is kind-of-bad since that way not
   everyone will get together).

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/