Re: What is the minimum number of lines to update a gui window without user clicking a button

Do you see any technical problems with what I posted?

Eventually, yes.

It depends on the observed execution speed in your application for example. When
would you categorise the situation that a specific graphical user interface
becomes unresponsive?
Do you expect visual feedback in less than a second for your programs?

Do you think you could make it more efficient?

There are more aspects to consider besides efficiency. How do you think about to
apply the design pattern "Model-View-Controller"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%80%93view%E2%80%93controller

Then, instead of writing three lines to update the gui window, I'd
be able to type:

gprint("Updated text");

Such a desire is fine until you clarify a few more implementation details.

Regards,
Markus