What is the minimum number of lines to update a gui window without user clicking a button

I'm trying to figure out how to get a minimum amount of lines that will demonstrate outputting to a gui window (a textview widget) without the user having to click a button to get started.

Kjell has taken my question serious enough to start an addition to the examples list (multi-treaded example).  I've been studying the 400 lines and 11 widget in the example for the past 2 days spending about 6 hours a day going over all the lines and referencing the documentation.

I'm kind of lost at present.  When I try to eliminate the unwanted widgets, because of the many lines, my example gets broken and fail to work.

If someone understand the code well enough to present an example of the minimum basic, it would be a good start for me to get a better understanding of the operation.

I hope the group doesn't mind my question.  I don't doubt that I'm, not alone in not fully comprehending all the details.  There are other novice that would be glad to be able to use this environment with their programming, but may be shy about asking, and not appears as smart as the others in the group.

I don't mean to take up too much time explaining.  But I hope someone will understand where I'm coming from and help me with this.

It might take me six months, I'd be glad, with help from others in the group if I could get it done in 6 days.  But I'll try to get the 400 lines example down less than 100 lines.  I'm sure it can be done with between 50 and 75 lines.

If I could see the minimum, I'm sure I'd have a grip, where everything else in the documentation will become clearer.

Thanks for allowing me to use this maillist resource for my question.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames apollo3 com