Re: What is the minimum number of lines to update a gui window without user clicking a button

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 19:41:33 -0400
"L. D. James" <ljames apollo3 com> wrote:
[snip]
While I'm having problems just sending text to a window, you're
suggesting that I dive figure and use gtkmm for my other calls.  I
might get to that at some time.  But at present, I just want to use
gtkmm to output to a gui screen instead of a black screen.

You keep missing the point.  If you don't want to use zenity, as I said
use Glib::spawn_async_with_pipes() and Glib::signal_io().connect().
That is the correct way to do it.

Chris