Re: What is the minimum number of lines to update a gui window without user clicking a button

You are telling me to do it a different way and at the same time telling me
how complicated it is.  Without examples of the different way, I don't know
where to start.

I guess that you want to become familiar with a general program structure
together with the GTK+ software. I assume that you want to display some text in
a log window for your use case. Would you like to reuse a list box or table
control? (Do you need any other higher sophisticated widget?)

How fast do you get the needed data for the desired output?

Regards,
Markus