Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] pc to phone with Ekiga

Hi Damu,

Am Samstag, den 18.03.2006, 02:26 -0800 schrieb damu:
> I added "deb http://pkg-voip.buildserver.net/$upstream $dist main" to the
> sourcelist.

you shouldn't add it literaly. The $dist and $upstream are replacement
variables that I explained could be any of the given distros.
For you, it is:
deb http://pkg-voip.buildserver.net/ubuntu breezy main

as you use Ubuntu Breezy.

> Then I went on synpatic and I got :
>
> "http://pkg-voip.buildserver.net/$upstream/dists/$dist/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz:
> 404 Not Found"

Normal.

> When I do a search for "ekiga" in synaptic, there are 2 results : "Ekiga"
> and "Ekiga-cvs"
> When I go in the properties of "Ekiga", I see that the version is
> "2.0.1-1.breezy.1450(now)

probably from the manual install you did last time.

[snip, subsequent errors zapped]

> Isn't there a simple easy way to install it, the way I installed all the
> other programs I've been installing so far?

If you use the proper line like given above for the distro you use (not
the generic placeholder version), then it should just for like does for
all of the other users who tried it so far.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian