Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] pc to phone with Ekiga

Hi David,

Am Freitag, den 17.03.2006, 01:28 +0000 schrieb David Corking:
> On 3/16/06, damu <1212dl googlemail com> wrote:
> > As for emoving manually libs, and installing ekiga , I just downloaded the
> > last version "ekiga_2.0.1-1.breezy.1457_i386.deb" form the link you gave,
> > but I don't really know how to go further.
> > I mean on Ekiga's webiste there are 10 other packages proposed for Ubuntu
> > breezy. Do they need to be installed first? In which order?
>
> I think Killian (who makes the debs) is asleep at this time, I don't
> know Ubuntu but I can reverse engineer a little from what was posted
> earlier
> 1. yes - they probably all need to be installed (though I suspect
> there is debug info in the *dbg* packages that you might not need.)

The -dbg is not required for "just running" Ekiga.

> 2. did you try
> dpkg -i *.deb
> as Damien suggested?

basically it should be as easy as "apt-get update;apt-get install ekiga"
after adding the line to sources.list. Eventually one might need to add
the gpg key to apt-key using:
curl http://snapshots.gnomemeeting.net/cvs/gpgkey/buildd.gpg|apt-key add -

in case apt curses about missing GPG key.

> 3. If that doesn't work - notice from your dpkg output that libpt
> needs to be installed before libpt-plugins.  Then you should be able
> to install all the rest.
>
> By the way - cwarner answered my question about /usr/local - sorry to
> appear to question your competence killian - as I could not do the job
> you are doing.

No problem. I must have overread that part anyway. ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian