Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] pc to phone with Ekiga

On 3/16/06, Dominique Lemoussu <1212dl googlemail com> wrote:
> I am an ubuntu user, and encounter the same issue than others in Ubuntu
> forums.
> I have Ekiga 2.0.1-20060314-01 on Ubuntu Breezy
>
> I just can't manage to make PC to Phone calls. I tried to configure it with
> the free trail of sipdiscount
>
> I couldn't even manage to have neither with my ekiga.net account or the free
> trial sipdiscount account  registered in Ekiga
> Following advices given on the ubuntu forum, I ran the wizard again, not
> accepting the free ekiga account.
>
> Since, I manage only once to have  1 Registered account in Ekiga (the
> sipdiscount one), but trying to make a phonecall, I always got the "Abnormal
> call termination". I never managed again to have a registered account, the
> registration always fails .
> So for now, no registered sipdiscount in Ekiga and no phone calls. Here are
> the details I entered :
>

> Edit/accounts/sipdiscount/properties :
> Account name : sipdiscount.com
> registrar : sip1.sipdiscount.com
> user : test
> password : test
>
> authentification login : test
> realm/domain : sip1.sipdiscount.com
> registration timeout : 3600
>

> Preferences/
> /Network settings
> NAT Traversal Method : STUN
> STUN Server : stun.sipdiscount.com
>
> /SIP Settings
>
> Outbound Proxy : sip1.sipdiscount.com
> Forward URL : sip1.sipdiscount.com
>

> Tools/PC to phone account
>  Left blank and unticked as it seems to be only for Ekiga accounts (however,
> if I click on the link of this page, nothing happens)

If you are using STUN, you should not need outbound proxy or forward URL.

I can't make calls from that 'test' trial account at sipdiscount to
register from x-lite or ekiga.  Might be a problem at their end.  I
get '403 - Forbidden' from x-lite if I am lucky enough to register,
otherwise I get registration timeouts.

Try again at ekiga.net without outbound proxy  - ekiga.net was
reportedly down a couple of days ago, but is back up now.