Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] pc to phone with Ekiga

"> >Following advices given on the ubuntu forum, I ran the wizard again, not
> > accepting the free ekiga account. "

This advice given in Ubuntu forum was to select the option of not using an
ekiga account in the wizard. This was supposed to solve the issue of not
being able to register with other Sip providers than Ekiga...didn't work for
me...

Soo, I just restarted Ekiga, did the wizard again, put my details for my
ekiga sip account, and now, both the ekiga and the sipdiscount are
registered!...I don't get it , but hey!
I didn't manage to do  what you wanted me to do on a terminal window (did
few stuff with terminal, but I am far from being expert!).
I tried these :
ekiga
ekiga -d
ekiga -d 4
ekiga -d 4 > output.txt 2>&1
with each time the answer : command not found

However the fact that the accounts are now registered probably solve that
issue.

I still can't make any phone call though.
The syntax for the phone call is something like :
"sip:0033297330878 sip1 sipdiscount com"
and the result is "abnormal call termination"...

Do you think it would make a difference if I registered in sipdiscount
instead of trying first with their "free trial" account?
I am not sure of it, as they offer a softphone (Voipbuster ; only available
for Win)
I've been testing their services with Voipbuster both with this free trial
account and with credits - it worked fine.  (that was when I was stil using
XP on adaily basis, few weeks ago...)
Why would it be different with another Ekiga? Why would it have more chance
to work if I buy some credits from Sipdiscount, than if I use their free
trial? The only difference is that free phonecalls are limited to one
minute...

Many thanks for your help.
Sent from the GnomeMeeting - General forum at Nabble.com.