Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] pc to phone with Ekiga

On 3/16/06, damu <1212dl googlemail com> wrote:
> As for emoving manually libs, and installing ekiga , I just downloaded the
> last version "ekiga_2.0.1-1.breezy.1457_i386.deb" form the link you gave,
> but I don't really know how to go further.
> I mean on Ekiga's webiste there are 10 other packages proposed for Ubuntu
> breezy. Do they need to be installed first? In which order?

I think Killian (who makes the debs) is asleep at this time, I don't
know Ubuntu but I can reverse engineer a little from what was posted
earlier
1. yes - they probably all need to be installed (though I suspect
there is debug info in the *dbg* packages that you might not need.)
2. did you try
dpkg -i *.deb
as Damien suggested?
3. If that doesn't work - notice from your dpkg output that libpt
needs to be installed before libpt-plugins.  Then you should be able
to install all the rest.

By the way - cwarner answered my question about /usr/local - sorry to
appear to question your competence killian - as I could not do the job
you are doing.

David