Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ILS extension on ils.seconix.com

% *** Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote: ***
% Le ven 03/01/2003 à 17:42, Truong a écrit :
%
% >
% > Imagine the case that I need to forward a call to my coordinator in the
% > office when I'm busy, I would like know if he is available to accept
% > ForwardingCall quickly. Of course, the H.323 gatekeeper can do it
% > automatically.
%
% Yes for such specialized and corporate use, I think gatekeepers are what
% has to be used, not ILS.
%

Calls can be routed/forwarded automatically by the gatekeeper (when
there is a CallingEvent) but I'am not sure if the status (online,
available, busy) of a coordinator would be signalled.

A H.323 client still need to know the status of members of known group,
by somehow. And for me, it could be by the Directory Service provided by
an ILS server or LDAP, or may be by SIMPLE (SIP for Instant Messaging &
Presence Leveraging), or something else

% >
% > Netmeeting users would be shown "silently" in the AddressBook. What
% > would be happen for Netmeeting when you use standard LDAP ? Does
%
% Netmeeting doesn't support standard LDAP.
%
% > NetMeeting support this feature ?
%
% Netmeeting users will always be shown in the online users. But they will
% not be able to see GnomeMeeting users who chose not to be visible.

How does Netmeeting concern in the new extension of ILS server, pls ?

--
  Truong <tphuong wol be>