Re: [wgo] Skin work

Yo! Mmm sorry if I'm too critical.

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 03:24 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:

In brief, why don't you make a wgo navigation bar with a primary and
secondary level in a single piece? In the line suggested by this guy in
your blog:
Primary+secondary integrated is the normal approach. There is no reason
to separate/disintegrate them, it looks confusing, make Joachim say it
doesn't work and we loose vertical space for content.

This is why I dislike the banner-bar approach. I understand people
caring about visuals like the mockup but... in real web pages we might
be wasting a 1/3 of the vertical space available in the browser with the
megaheader. On the other hand, there is no need for a breadcrumb
navigation: the wgo navigation should be enough to tell you where are

I think that applying your good interface design skills to the structure
suggested at
will bring the definitive header.

> I really like the color differentiation idea!

One think that we have overklooked until now is that the General top nav
bar should reflect in which subsite are we now - like nav bars tend to
do. This means that wgo would have the foot-home tab on the left in a
different treatment, or would have the "Art" tab with a
different treatment. Perhaps we could do this coloring the tab with the
same color of the header, instead of the default black.

> Ah ok. I've been working with thos on how might use this
> design and when you folks feel you have enough from me for this release,

Cool! Of course we want that the wgo works help improving the rest opf
GNOME subsites.

Quim Gil ///