Re: [wgo] Skin work

Yo! Mmm sorry if I'm too critical.

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 03:24 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> http://mihmo.livejournal.com/34329.html

In brief, why don't you make a wgo navigation bar with a primary and
secondary level in a single piece? In the line suggested by this guy in
your blog: http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1899/wgojcooperql2.png
Primary+secondary integrated is the normal approach. There is no reason
to separate/disintegrate them, it looks confusing, make Joachim say it
doesn't work and we loose vertical space for content.

This is why I dislike the banner-bar approach. I understand people
caring about visuals like the mockup but... in real web pages we might
be wasting a 1/3 of the vertical space available in the browser with the
megaheader. On the other hand, there is no need for a breadcrumb
navigation: the wgo navigation should be enough to tell you where are
you.

I think that applying your good interface design skills to the structure
suggested at http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1899/wgojcooperql2.png
will bring the definitive header.

> I really like the color differentiation idea!

One think that we have overklooked until now is that the General top nav
bar should reflect in which subsite are we now - like nav bars tend to
do. This means that wgo would have the foot-home tab on the left in a
different treatment, or art.gnome.org would have the "Art" tab with a
different treatment. Perhaps we could do this coloring the tab with the
same color of the header, instead of the default black.

> Ah ok. I've been working with thos on how art.gnome.org might use this
> design and when you folks feel you have enough from me for this release,

Cool! Of course we want that the wgo works help improving the rest opf
GNOME subsites.