Re: [wgo] i18n && skin

Hi,

On 11/25/06, Ricky Zhou <ricky zhou gmail com> wrote:
Hi!  I haven't learned to use Zope/Plone yet, so I'm kind of afraid to
commit anything to SVN, but I've created a short CSS mockup of the
navigation: (http://test.riczho.dyndns.org/wgo/ ).  This has been
tested in Firefox, IE7, and Opera, but I don't have access to IE6 over
the weekend.

Well, that short css mockup can be really useful as of now. I already "stolen" some ideas that made my CSS work in IE7 too, and be more standard compliant and all (no more absolute positionings). I plan in stealing you the PNGs and the ideas to implement the tabs, if you do not mind.

For what concerns Plone/Zope, I advise you to read the Plone Book, freely available in PDF at http://plone.org/documentation/manual/definitive-guide (although you can buy it on Amazon or any other book store... I recommend it because printed books are much more handy). Pay special attention to chapter 5,6 and 7 (if I recall correctly).

Also, you should install plone on your pc/server/whatever in order to be able to test it on the fly before committing to cvs, else you might commit "blind".

That's almost all, and thnaks for the great mockup! ;)

--
<Ivyshaur> No, we've been informed that listening to Rammstein is the best way to learn German.
<mrPants> You learn it very quick