Re: Re: [wgo] Skin work

On 11/25/06, Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:>

On the other hand, there is no need for a breadcrumb
navigation: the wgo navigation should be enough to tell you where are
you.

Agreed.

I think that applying your good interface design skills to the structure
suggested at http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1899/wgojcooperql2.png
will bring the definitive header.

You know, I think that it could work! That size of components, with
the Mairin design touch to make the secondary bar a bit less flat.

> I really like the color differentiation idea!

One think that we have overklooked until now is that the General top nav
bar should reflect in which subsite are we now - like nav bars tend to
do. This means that wgo would have the foot-home tab on the left in a
different treatment, or art.gnome.org would have the "Art" tab with a
different treatment. Perhaps we could do this coloring the tab with the
same color of the header, instead of the default black.

Hmm... I'm not sure about this.
I like the General top bav bar to be identical on all sites, so
everywhere you go has that common Gnome feel. Black goes with
everything ;) Maybe, just *maybe* I can imagine different hues, but
very limited change. Even that I'd rather not.
And the foot logo should stay on Home, because it links back to Gnome
Central, not move about.
Sites get to define their identity with that comes below.