Re: [wgo] Skin work

Hi folks,

So I recovered from my turkey eating and threw together some four different possibilities (one with 3 variations :) so a total of 6 mocks) for another level of navigation on the secondary (iow 'non-frontpage') wgo pages:

http://mihmo.livejournal.com/34329.html

Quim Gil wrote:
>> I still have doubts about the secondary navbar running horizontally
>> under the header. I think it'll ruin the appearance of the header
>> block we have for wgo.
>
> This is something discussed and agreed. We said we would reconsider only
> if we got stalled at the look&feel, but M��hasn't still done an
> attempt.
>>  (Especially beneath tabs -- do we still have tabs for the primary
>> nav?)
>
> I suggested having tabs at the top General bar, and make the wgo nav
> bars with literally bars -

I'm hoping the second of the four mockups will help visualize how a second horizontal bar might look.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2006-November/msg00027.html

I really like the color differentiation idea! I played a bit with it in mockups #2, #5, and #6. I will play with swapping the tabs/second bar placement/usage on the train tomorrow. I do like the tabs' placement now though - they break the monotony of all the rectangles up top. We'll see how the other way looks.