Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.
- From: "Allan E. Registos" <allan registos smpc steniel com ph>
- To: Denys Vlasenko <dvlasenk redhat com>
- Cc: gnome-shell-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.
- Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 13:10:38 +0800
On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 13:37 +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > In
> > addition, your claim that GNOME "gives users no choice" is
> > false: you can enable Forced Fallback mode in System Settings to a
> > 2-like UI which is meant for setups that cannot run the new GNOME 3.
> Wrong. Fallback mode is not a choice, it was stated numerous times it
> exists only because not every GPU supports features necessary
> for Gnome 3. Whoever took refuge in fallback mode (most of my
> did) is in for a nasty surprise a year from now or so.
Given that they cannot run the new GNOME 3, how can they activate the
"Fallback mode in System Settings" inside GNOME 3 when in the first
place they cannot run it?
] [Thread Prev