Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.

I can just say right!
I was switching to gnome3 (or shell or how is the awesome desktop arrangement actually called) recently and i love it, but you need to be willing to improve your desktop experience! If not dont do it now!
I was wondering about the  Alt+[key above Tab, usually `], i read about it, but it doesnt work here (german keyboard german language setting, self compiled shell on ubuntu natty).

things i would have liked to be improved, are not so many:
first please update/generate as much api docs as possible so a lazy programmer like me can easily start over with his improvement ideas.
please dont be rude if your missing something, i would like to see people not complaining "x y or z" isnt there as i want it, but to ask how this things could be done effectivly with g3 in g3 manner with g3 design principles.
I think most of the "missing features" are shared by some people and will be solved in near future.

One of the thing is the task bar and there are several solutions (i have the dock and tint2 running at the same time currently, just to see what i would need)
In the dock i miss something to overlook the different windows of one app at the same time (assume 10 consoles all having identical title, you wont find the right one by right klicking, i would suggest super+click on dock opens expose like view with only these application windows.

The tint2 taskbar is on bottom for me and if there are messages or notifications incoming they hover the taskbar what is also not nice .. but i can click though the several consoles with same title fast.

I just think we are having the posibility to create with the current gnome-shell perhabs the nicest desktop possible, the most productive and and userfriendly too, but there have to be improvements for things some or all people need.
People here have experience with different setups workflows etc and the best common ideas may help improving gnome3 to achive its goals.

But please think out of the box.

E.g. one thing i sometimes liked but the appled was not working so nice was the drawer applet to put several similar things in it (i put there some scripts to e.g. activate a special xrandr conf or connect certain vlans etc...) how could i add such not dayly needed, sometimes used, shortcuts in gnome3 ? (currently i use a terminal but thats not toooo nice.)

Cheers Phil