Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 18:51 +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > I never said it was. If you want a "viable, long term choice" then
> I'd
> > HIGHLY suggest to stop upgrading your Fedora install
>
> How viable for me. How can I develop software for Fedora if I don't
> upgrade my Fedora? Developing includes testing. Testing for F15
> requires
> F15. "eating your own dog food" etc.

And this is the key for Linux desktop to prosper, "application support"
and existing app compatibility. Developers need to think about these
things. Microsoft being notorious for application compatibility between
major Windows releases, yet was heavily criticized. I hope GNOME
developers will do the same.

Regards,
Allan