Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.

On 5 May 2011 18:55, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 10:48 -0700, Micah Carrick wrote:
>> I'll give you a quick answer to that...
>> When we first switch to GNOME 3, many of us did not realize we were
>> not upgrading, but switching to a completely new beast. I actually had
>> to take a day off work to comb the internet learning about what's
>> going on and why (we aren't all in the loop with GNOME Journal and
>> Planet GNOME and the like). GNOME 3 is a radical shift away from what
>> we are used to.
>
> Yes, it is. It is revolutionary.  And I believe that
> GNOME3-is-a-big-change was very heavily publicized.
>
>> So we do a few Google searches and we find a much larger percentage of
>> un-resolved complaints and the same ones over and over.
>
> Of course - search on *anything* and this is true; it is the nature of
> the beast.  People post "complaints", they don't post "works
> awesome" (because the are busy using whatever it is).  In my experience
> positive posts are often taken as counter productive.

There are hidden negatives too - the linux users in my office, for
example, tried it and gave up or gave it no chance at all -  they are
using XFCE or just not updating their distros or are trying out Ubuntu
instead or they are using the fallback for the moment now that they
have found out how to do it. They haven't emailed this list though.

Regards,

Tim

--
You could help some brave and decent people to have access to
uncensored news by making a donation at:

http://www.thezimbabwean.co.uk/