Re: small screens and large config dialogs

hi;

On 11 December 2011 15:56, Bjoern Schiessle <bjoern schiessle org> wrote:

> Therefore I think the problem has to be addressed on the desktop/window
> manager level. Like an application window a dialog should be never
> larger than the screen. If I think about it, maybe it even has to be
> addressed on the toolkit level so that the dialog automatically add
> scrollbars if the content didn't fit on the screen (similar to a text
> view widget).

this would absolutely suck for the user, who will have to deal with
broken user interfaces - and for the toolkit maintainers, who now have
to deal with changing the internals of applications in ways that will
most likely break.

adding a scrollable container is just papering around crap in
applications; app developers should consider various resolutions, and
bugs + patches should be filed against the offending applications.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name