RE: How to add conduits after recompilation

> This is outside the scope of this list, but the steps are along these
> lines:
>   1.  Download the gnome-pilot SOURCE RPM for your current distributed
>       version.
>   2.  Create a 'patch' file for your required changes.
>   3.  Unpack the source rpm (install it) and add your patch file
>       alongside the existing patches - pretty much all distribs
>       will make some changes to the distributed sources.
>   4.  Edit the 'spec' file to list your patch file so that it
>       gets applied.  Also, change the package 'version' number
>       so that it is recognised as 'more recent' than your installed
>       copy.
>   5.  rebuild the binary RPMs from your modified source RPM folder.
>   6.  install.

Thanks very much.
After re-installing the src.rpm following your steps, the sync icon can be again added to the gnome panel, and the gnome-pilot progress window appears as before.

But the memo conduit is still broken. I've removed all memos, the sync still failed.
I've re-tried with jpilot, which works fine with memos.
Since the problem is identical for both Treos, so I think it's a problem of the conduit, not the data.
Remark: the same conduit has worked before, when my data got duplicated.

Sur Windows Live Ideas, découvrez en exclusivité de nouveaux services en ligne... si nouveaux qu'ils ne sont pas encore sortis officiellement sur le marché !
http://ideas.live.com