Re: esperanta tradukado

Le lundi 15 juin 2009 à 10:18 +0200, Jacob Nordfalk a écrit :

>         I implore you to just ignore Launchpad's Ubuntu translations.
>         None of
>         the work done there will ever find its way upstream.
>
>         I used to be a en_GB translator there, but left after they
>         made some bad
>         decisions, and still didn't upstream anything (I was promised
>         on joining
>         that they would).
>

> Bruce, thanks for your suggestion. but after looking I found out that
> for example gedit seems fully translated to Esperanto in Launchpad:
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/gedit/+pots/gedit/eo
>
> Of course I can't ignore this work.
> And It should be brought upstream, of course.
>
> So should I just upload this work to
> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gedit/master/po/eo (notifying and
> thanking the authors, perhaps)?

Yes, this is the recommended way to do this. You can then check the
*.merged.po file which will reveal differences between the Jaunty gedit
pot file and the current development (master) gedit one.
Youi can then follow the workflow suggested in my previous mail.

Ubuntu translations are now released under the liberal BSD license, this
means that you are allowed to upstream them, as far as you keep the
original authors credits.

Claude