Re: esperanta tradukado

2009/6/14 Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
Am Sonntag, den 14.06.2009, 01:11 +0200 schrieb Jacob Nordfalk:
> Here's first question:
> 1) In daily life I actually use Ubuntu (8.10) and the Gnome
> applications in Esperanto.
> Most of the apps are actually working fine in Esperanto, but anyway
> when I look at http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/eo the Esperanto coverace
> seems down to about 6%.
> How can that be?
> Is it becaurse there is some downstream translation going on for
> Ubuntu?

Yes. Ubuntu maintains downstream translations in Launchpad, and it's
always a pity when this stuff does not get upstream so all distributions
shipping GNOME can receive the benefits of better Esperanto support.

OK.
Kim and I'll have a look into whether theres something to import from downstream, but it doesent seem so to me:  When I look at  https://translations.launchpad.net/~gnome-l10n-eo its completely empty.
So quetion 2: Is Launchpad just not working properly, or ARE there actually nothing to get downstream for Esperanto?

Question 3: Looking at http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/eo/ I'm in doubt whether to concentrate on GNOME 2.26 or 2.28. Will changes I commit to 2.26 also go into 2.28 if no original text has changed?

Question 4: At http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/sound-juicer/master/po/eo it says 0% translated and the master is empty BUT two translations have been submitted by a user.
How do I get them the whole way into to the repositiry?
By downloading the whole source code by git and then making a patch (after reviewing)?
Isnt there an easier way?

On beforehand thanks for your answers!
Jacob

--