Re: esperanta tradukado

Jacob, I have now added you as the new official Esperanto coordinator in GNOME:
http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/eo

Welcome!

Thanks Christian.
( /me feels the great honor here :-)

I have also reassigned all open eo bugs to you:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=l10n&component=Esperanto%20[eo]&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED

When you want translations committed to git.gnome.org, make sure the
translations are attached to bug reports in bugzilla.gnome.org. Then
send the bug report URL:s to this list and ask for help with
committing. Someone will then help commit the files for you.

OK. I (and Kim) will start out small, as advised in the Wiki.
After that, I'll try to contribute my GCompris translation work.

Here's first question:
1) In daily life I actually use Ubuntu (8.10) and the Gnome applications in Esperanto.
(you might wonder why, but it's becaurse Ive used Esperanto a lot for some international projects and I finally chose to just use Eo on the computer).

Most of the apps are actually working fine in Esperanto, but anyway when I look at http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/eo the Esperanto coverace seems down to about 6%.
How can that be?
Is it becaurse there is some downstream translation going on for Ubuntu?
Or are these 6% misleading somehow? For example excluding fuzzy translations, which are used in lack of updated translations?

2) Should we consider https://launchpad.net/~gnome-l10n-eo totally dead and ask these guys to come over to Gnome?

Once you have produced a handful of translations yourself, you may ask
for a GIT account of your own:
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount

Good luck. If you have any questions, just ask on the gnome-i18n list.

Thanks.

--
Jacob Nordfalk
Venu al la plej granda kultura evento en esperantujo: Kultura Esperanto-Festivalo - la 7a ĝis la 12a de julio 2009 - http://kef.saluton.dk