Re: Bug #115289

tir, 26.08.2003 kl. 22.21 skrev Christian Rose:
> tis 2003-08-26 klockan 22.04 skrev Abel Cheung:
> > Yes I forgot to answer that.
> >
> > This change, IMO, is more a UI bug fix that needs both developers and
> > translators to fix, rather than just randomly adding/changing stuff.
>
> If it's also a UI change then it breaks the UI freeze as well, and needs
> the approval of the release team as well. We also have a code freeze
> now, so it also breaks that freeze as well. It breaks every damn freeze
> we have.
>
> AFAIK the release team has *NOT* given their approval for this, so I
> don't even understand why we're debating this.
>
> Kjartan of course might disagree with my opinion, in that case so be it,

Hmm. Disagreeing once doesn't mean that we can never agree on later
issues I hope. I've been looking at the bug mentioned in the subject and
I agree it's a change that's too big for 2.4.x.

> but I remain utterly convinced that adding hundreds of messages to GNOME
> 2.4 at this point in time, or even after 2.4.0 is released, is a bad
> idea, for the same reasons as why we delayed the intltoolizing of most
> schemas files from the GNOME 2.2 string freeze period until GNOME 2.3.

Yeah, I'd say it's too late for this for 2.4.x. Better to speed up the
process of getting 2.6.x out IMO.

Cheers
Kjartan