Re: BonoboZoomable and GtkScrolledWindow, BonoboUIEngine

Hi Jaka,

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 22:07, Jaka Mocnik wrote:
> Now that I've put it in words, it doesn't sound more than a day's work,
> but the testing part scares the s* out of me... perhaps I'll even get
> around to it, but right now I am eliminating ghost references in GGV2
> and I find it a much more fulfilling task - may I rot in hell for not
> doing it earlier, when I had less objects lying around.

	I'm proud of you :-) we need to do all potentially de-stabilizing new
development in Gnome 2.0 and preferably in Gnome 2.1 and leave
bonobo-1.4.X to be ultra stable, predictable, un-changeable [ and broken
if that's what people expect / know ]. IMHO.

> > BTW, does this mean GGV for GNOME 1 is not supported any more? Actually,
> > last 1.1.x versions are declared as "devel" - so will there be a stable
> > version for GNOME 1?

	New development in applications should happen with Gnome 2.0 - really;
really really. Not a joke. New development in libraries should happen in
Gnome 2.1 - the Gnome 2.0 platform is very rapidly stabilizing and has
been useable for everyday work for some months now. It is also fairly
easy to install from the snapshots for Debian / Red Hat.

> GGV is still supported, and yes, eventually, there will be a stable, 1.2
> version. but with my currently tight schedule, I'd hate to speculate
> when that will happen ;) and even less that it will contain a "properly
> behaved" control...

	Heh :-) well - it looks like we're getting there quite nicely.