Re: BonoboZoomable and GtkScrolledWindow, BonoboUIEngine

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 16:02, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> > the GNOME 2 version has the scrolling stuff on the control side. the
> > GNOME 1 version doesn't. if you are interested in fixing the latter,
> > please, go ahead - send the diffs - I'll probably never find the time to
> > do it right.
> :((( Pleeease ... :~(((( Is it that difficult? Is the version for GNOME
> 2 so different? Is it a day of week or month - the effort to
> fix/backport 1.1 from GGV2?
actually, it would require backporting GtkGS and GtkScrollpane widgets,
as their adjustment handling is broken with regards to
GtkScrolledWindow. then all one would need to do is add a
GtkScrolledWindow to the control and inspect the code a bit as much has
changed in GtkGS and, taking GGV's holistic nature into account ;), the
changed behaviour might affect other parts of GGV in strange ways.

Now that I've put it in words, it doesn't sound more than a day's work,
but the testing part scares the s* out of me... perhaps I'll even get
around to it, but right now I am eliminating ghost references in GGV2
and I find it a much more fulfilling task - may I rot in hell for not
doing it earlier, when I had less objects lying around.

> BTW, does this mean GGV for GNOME 1 is not supported any more? Actually,
> last 1.1.x versions are declared as "devel" - so will there be a stable
> version for GNOME 1?
GGV is still supported, and yes, eventually, there will be a stable, 1.2
version. but with my currently tight schedule, I'd hate to speculate
when that will happen ;) and even less that it will contain a "properly
behaved" control...

regards,
	jaKa

--