Re: BonoboZoomable and GtkScrolledWindow, BonoboUIEngine

Hi Sergey,

On Sun, 2002-05-12 at 21:29, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> There is a question about Bonobo:Zoomable interface. Actually, about its
> method zoomFit. I do not have clear how to make it work in combination
> with GtkScrolledWindow.

	Ok - there is only 1 way it can work. You have to have the scrolled
window on the BonoboControl side of the interface.

	This is how BonoboControls should (always) work. It's ok for the
control to request a far larger size for itself - but if it's allocated
smaller it needs to do it's own scrolling / re-layout or as you say -
there is simply insufficient information to do things like zoom to fit.

> Also, another simple question: is there any tutorial on using
> BonobUIEngine. In particular, I'd love to get some intro about manual
> building UI components from XML I get from it. Since I don't want to use
> BonoboWindow (I already have my capplet window, so I'm not interested in
> main menu building and toolbar), I'd love to turn all these XML things
> into some, say, popup menu. Any clues?

	Hmm - well; you shouldn't use BonoboUIEngine directly, it is hidden for
good reason, as a private internal implementation detail of bonobo that
will (most likely) change when Gtk+ implements the (planned) new Menu /
Toolbar API based loosely on what bonobo does now.

	Why don't you want to use BonoboWindow ? it's as capable as any other
window widget. There is some code that hooks the BonoboUIEngine code
internally to do popups - see bonobo_control_popup etc. in
bonobo-control.h.  What it does is not replicateable outside bonobo
since the APIs used are deliberately not exported [yet].

	HTH,