Re: bonobo_widget_new_control() and UIContainer

Hi Murray,

On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 07:10, Murray Cumming wrote:
> bonobo_widget_new_control() takes a Bonobo_UIContainer as well as the
> moniker string. I don't have any real idea what a UIContainer is. The
> example code seems to just get it from the top-level BonoboWindow, but
> the docs seem to suggest that this is "strongly deprecated".
>
> So, my questions are
> a) What is Bonobo::UIContainer?

	It's a CORBA handle to an object that exposes the Bonobo::UIContainer
interface, such that a Bonobo::UIComponent can register with it.

> b) Is it possible to use BonoboWidget without putting it in
> BonoboWindow? If so, where should I get the UIContainer?

	Yes. It's valid for the UIContainer to be NULL; lots of BonoboWidget's
have no associated BonoboUIContainer, eg. those used to embed controls
inside toolbars :-)