Re: BonoboZoomable and GtkScrolledWindow, BonoboUIEngine

Hi Michael

> 	I'm proud of you :-) we need to do all potentially de-stabilizing new
> development in Gnome 2.0 and preferably in Gnome 2.1 and leave
> bonobo-1.4.X to be ultra stable, predictable, un-changeable [ and broken
> if that's what people expect / know ]. IMHO.
I'm afraid I don't see why adding scrolling can destabilize GGV. And
"ultra stable" does not conflict with "bug free" - does it? I think GGV
has a bug here - and it can be fixed without extreme efforts (Jaka
wrote). And who expects/knows GGV to be buggy in this place? Is there
any application containing special handling for this GGV bug (for
development versions of GGV!)? I am 99% sure this bugfix would not broke
anything around ggv...

> 	New development in applications should happen with Gnome 2.0 - really;
Sorry, my gswitchit is an old applet. So I really want to support it
with GNOME 1.
> really really. Not a joke. New development in libraries should happen in
> Gnome 2.1 - the Gnome 2.0 platform is very rapidly stabilizing and has
> been useable for everyday work for some months now. It is also fairly
> easy to install from the snapshots for Debian / Red Hat.
Well, but you would not claim it is as stable as 1.4.x?) "Usable" is
very forbidding word:)

> 	Heh :-) well - it looks like we're getting there quite nicely.
I wish I would be as happy I you...:)

Cheers,

Sergey