Re: [Gimp-user] Error.

2012/11/4 Steve Kinney <admin pilobilus net>
Mint is very pleasant and refreshing indeed, and I'll shift to it if
combining Ubuntu 12.10 with Gnome 2 is impossible.

I run Ubuntu 11.04 which came with Unity but I was able to remove all Unity packages and install Gnome 2. The one bug I found in Gnome 2 was the inability to do session snapshots.

I have looked at Mint and tried a live CD of it. I would like to do a test install in to a spare partition but the installer won't let me choose an option to *not* install a boot loader. I'm happy with the boot loader I have and 3 lines added to a config file would let me add Mint to my list of boot options. At least Mint 13 now recognizes the RAID 1 configuration of my hard drives.

The other option I'm considering is Debian. I haven't checked to see if there is a live CD of it that I can use to some initial testing.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.