[Gimp-user] Error.

Sleepingbeautiie - forums gimpusers com wrote:
On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 17:14:27 +0100, Sleepingbeautiie wrote:

And, yeah - that stuff's basically gone away since I've re-installed it again, but now it says it has
to do something with the GIMP shortcut in my "bin" folder, so I thought 'Oh, okay...' and clicked on
the GIMP 2.8 icon for it to load from there.. but it gave me the same error, the one that I just
mentioned, and it always has something to do with "terminating in an unusual way", 'thanks' to Runtime.
I'm looking through all my folders now, but there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Is your Windows set to use 16-bit colour mode? There's a known problem with
GTK+ if that's the case - change Windows to 32-bit colours.

How do you do that? I mean, do I go to control panel? I really don't know what the problem is, but if it
helps I use Windows Vista/desktop.

Yes; from Windows Vista Control Panel:
- from default view: "Adjust screen resolution" (under the "Appearance
and Personalization" section) or
- from classic view: "Personalization" then "Display Settings"

Either will bring up the "Display Settings" where you can set the colour
depth from the drop-down under "Colors". If you have multiple monitors,
you might need to set it separately for each one.

After click "Apply" or "OK" to apply changes, you'll need to click "Yes"
before the timer expired when prompted for whether to keep the new
settings. If that seems a bit odd, there is a sensible reason - changing
display settings incorrectly can prevent anything from being displayed
at all, making it difficult to change them back, so if the screen does
go blank or scrambled you just need to wait 15 seconds for the timer to
expire and it should go back to how it was before.

Mark.

All right, thanks, I'll try that when I get the time; if it doesn't work, I'll come back and see if there's
any other kinda solution.

It didn't work. The first message I'm always receiving now is "(gimp-2.8.exe:2408):GLiB-ERROR**: gmem.c: 165:
failed to allocate 17660160 bytes", and THEN it does the whole "Windows Visual C++ Library" thing. Any ideas?

--
Sleepingbeautiie (via gimpusers.com)