Re: [Gimp-developer] Windows 10 and Bash on Ubuntu

Hi

Not gaining personally anything, but maybe making development builds more accessible to those who come from MS Windows backgrounds.

Now they have to setup a Msys2 environment and do builds with that, which isn't as easy as it sounds with instructions that are partly outdated, but if Win10 has an Ubuntu shell, that probably is quite same for everyone who uses it, so why not try to build GIMP for Windows with that? GIMP isn't supposed to be an elitist Linux application, but a serious cross platform tool for everyone. Or so I have thought this far.

- Petteri Soininen