Re: [Gimp-developer] Windows 10 and Bash on Ubuntu

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Petteri Soininen <pesoini gmail com> wrote:

I'd probably try cross build since after 'sudo apt-get install gimp' and
trying to run it, it fails on 'cannot open display' so I think that
indicates the shell cannot run it under windows and gimp needs to be built
as a cross build. But as said, I'm just a beginner.  :)

- Petteri Soininen

Well, GIMP is a graphical application and X11 are not officially supported
on WSL. So, first you'll need to install X11 and then set the display
appropriately. If you are familiar with Linux this should not be a problem.
I think the command is something like export display.

If you simply plan to cross build, I am not sure what you are gaining with
WSL.

Hope that helps.