Re: [Gimp-developer] Windows 10 and Bash on Ubuntu

I'd probably try cross build since after 'sudo apt-get install gimp' and trying to run it, it fails on 'cannot open display' so I think that indicates the shell cannot run it under windows and gimp needs to be built as a cross build. But as said, I'm just a beginner. :)

- Petteri Soininen

On 4.2.2017 4:28, Partha Bagchi wrote:
Are you planning to cross build or a native build? I am not sure what you are asking.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Petteri Soininen <pesoini gmail com <mailto:pesoini gmail com>> wrote:

    Hi

    I was more like thinking if anyone has already done that so I
    could get some pointers and try it too. If that's not the case I
    probably can try building it myself and take notes to make a 'how
    to' so I can give advice to others who like to try the same. If
    during that I face problems, I'll probably try to ask help in IRC.
    That Bash shell probably is quite standard installation in WIn10,
    so making build instructions for that couldn't hurt (if that's
    even possible). :)

    - Petteri Soininen