Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp gradients

> Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:18:10 -0300
> From: gwidion mpc com br
> To: gimp-developer-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp gradients
>
> To all people complaining about how hard it is today to edit a gradient -
> The most usable way I have to edit gradients in GIMP is actually quite hidden:
> try drag and dropping colors from the color selector into the gradient
> editing window.
>
> What would be a nightmare of segment splitting, selecting
> left-hand-color-type-of-segment , and so on, is suddenly past!
>
> js
> -><-

Dragging and dropping a color onto the gradient editor's preview area adds a node at that position with that color.  It IS useful behavior when you are initially setting up a gradient, but not when you are tweaking the parameters later on.

On the other hand, dragging and dropping a color onto a gradient node handle paints both sides of that node that color.  Which is definitely quite useful behavior - it does avoid the issue of GIMP not treating node colors as contiguous by default (it should, really!) .

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com