Re: [Gimp-developer] Bring back normal handling of other file formats

Richard Gitschlag wrote:

> So if I may throw an echo into the room and ask why the particular message box CAN NOT provide a yes/no prompt, with "Yes" transferring control to the Export box and "No" cancelling back to the Save dialog?

as I said before: no trip through Save if it is not safe.

it is simply not allowed to ‘feel’ safe. seriously.

in the long run (and that is how I am thinking) going cold turkey
on this, with no fudges, is in the best interest of users.

one of the biggest usability attributes of save + export is
that the model is very clean: inside GIMP there is only xcf,
which can be safely saved. everything else is import/export.

no gotchas.

no fudging.

    --ps

            man + machine interface works