Re: Proposal: DNS change irc.gnome.org becomes A record and irc.gimpnet.org starts getting phased out.

I think we need to split this thread.  If people want to debate about how the community functions then it's a worthy debate and we should have it.

Regarding the gimpnet name.  I'm okay with leaving it, and we don't need to remove it.  But we will need to make sure that irc clients have irc.gnome.org as a selection in addition to the gimpnet even if they are the same place.

I hope that is a good compromise.  Some of you are pontificating based on a perceived PC - if you want to discuss it, please do.  I would prefer passionate debate than sullen indifference.

sri